Biju Patnaik Worldwide Airport (BPIA), Bhubaneswar has completely switched to inexperienced sources for its power consumption, by putting in 4MWp Floor Mounted Photo voltaic Energy Plant within the operational space, making it one among India’s 100 per cent sustainable airports, mentioned officers.
As per the airport authority, Bhubaneswar airport has put in a 4MWp solar energy plant within the operational space which incorporates 10530 PV modules of 380W every.
The 4 MW Energy plant was inaugurated on Saturday by Aparajita Sarangi, Member of Parliament from Bhubaneswar within the presence of Prasanna Pradhan, Airport Director and different officers.
“The photo voltaic plant is unfold over an space of 13.28 acres with a challenge price of Rs 18.75 crores,” mentioned the officers in an announcement.
BPIA produces round 60 per cent of the airport’s electrical energy requirement by means of its onsite photo voltaic era and the remainder 40 per cent from different inexperienced sources equivalent to hydro power.
Ushering right into a sustainable future, BPIA witnessed an increase in pure power era of 935963 KWH (Solar energy era) from December 2022 to April 2023 and the overall unit imported from the grid for airport consumption is 2719046 KWH, which is round 35 per cent and has attained 100 per cent utilization of renewable sources of power in April 2023.
The airport is dedicated to constantly decreasing power consumption and carbon footprint by means of varied initiatives.
Furthermore, BPIA initially put in a 100KWp rooftop solar energy plant on August 28 2013, which the airport finally strengthened to 4.1 MW. BPIA which solely runs on inexperienced power since April 2023, thus enabling a extremely environment friendly and low-carbon future for aviation.
This sustainable initiative undertaken by BPIA is a part of the airport’s efforts that cut back its carbon footprint, which propels its journey in the direction of ‘Web Zero’ emissions.
“We’re delighted to attain this key milestone in our journey in the direction of attaining a sustainable future for BPIA. The diligent efforts of the airport in endeavor a number of considerate initiatives have paved the way in which to attain this feat,” mentioned the airport authority in an announcement.
“As BPIA aspires to develop into net-zero, this landmark occasion additional encourages us to remain dedicated to enhancing the airport’s operational effectivity whereas working on absolutely renewable power,” added the officers.
At current BPI airport, Bhubaneswar has a certificates for Degree 2 Carbon discount awarded on 07.01.2020 and turns into eligible for attaining Degree-3 Carbon Emission discount.
(Solely the headline and film of this report might have been reworked by the Enterprise Customary employees; the remainder of the content material is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)